Chocolate is a bliss for everyone, kids, adults all love chocolates. Though eating chocolate is fun, but dropping it on the sofa isn’t. The stain of chocolate is tough and can’t go easily, now don’t ruin your taste for the sake of your sofa. There are some ways in which you can get rid of the chocolate stain. Don’t stop your kids and your friends from eating chocolate on your sofa. Instead, prevent your sofa from getting dirty. In this article, you’ll read about different ways to clean a chocolate stain from your sofa and how to maintain cleanliness from your sofa.
Steps to removing a chocolate stain
Fortunately, there are some easy ways to clean chocolate stains from the sofa.
- If the chocolate is melted on the sofa using a knife or other object to remove the excess chunk. If a big chunk has fallen, remove it slowly without spreading it into the deep of sofa fabric.
- Add laundry detergent in cold water and dump the cloth or a sponge with that water and clean. Now, blot the stain with the detergent solution.
- Keep blotting the surface until the stain gets lighter removed.
For a stubborn chocolate stain
A stubborn chocolate stain is sometimes difficult to remove. To get rid of that you can follow these steps.
- Remove all the chocolate carefully, do not let chocolate to sit deep into the fabric.
- Use cold water and laundry detergent solution and soak the sponge in it.
- Blot the surface with a damp sponge and make the stain lighter as much as possible.
- Take ammonia and add 2 cups of lukewarm water.
- Dip the sponge in an ammonia solution to dampen it, and scrub the stain gently.
- In the end, clean the surface with cold water using the sponge.
- If the stain is still there, you can use borax and hot water to remove the stain. Possible that’ll work.
Seek professionals help
Deluxe Upholstery Cleaning is a trusted cleaning services provider in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Sydney. Deluxe Upholstery Cleaners are expert in all kind of stain removal and cleaning of upholstery. Our team is a team of highly skilled professionals in Upholstery Steam Cleaning, who knows only one rule and that is clean with using green. We have environment-friendly cleaning agents, which are easy on fabrics and not harmful for the environment. Call on our number and give us a chance to serve you.